Saturday, May 15, 2010

Neither rain, nor hail, nor tornados, nor floods....


The US Postal Service gets maligned too much. Sure they've had their problems, but they have a huge job....and they are a government agency so, all in all, I think they do pretty well. In my experience, they've done just as well with fragile or sensitive parcels as has UPS or especially Fed-Ex.

Yesterday in Midland was one of those days I would have expected the Postal Service to suspend their sacred oath for just one afternoon. With floods, a tornado sighted, and skull denting hail about, it was pretty dangerous outside. In fact one woman was killed when swept away in her car. But.....at almost the usual time, there was Art the Postman delivering the mail with a smile. Art has been the postman in our neighborhood for decades and provides exemplary and personal service. In fact, he was the postman at my other residence, knows I moved and where, and brings my mail to me while the "offical" mail transfer is in progress.

Hail to you Art!

No comments: